About and Public Speaking
Gunnar Esiason is a cystic fibrosis and rare disease patient leader, who is passionate about early stage drug development, patient empowerment and health policy. He is a MBA second-year student at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and is also working towards a Master of Public Health degree at the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice. At Tuck, Gunnar serves as a Tuck Center for Health Care MBA Fellow, a health care club co-chair and a club hockey captain. His first year course work included a First-Year Project with a health insurance start-up. Prior to Tuck, Gunnar received a BA form Boston College in 2013, worked on an enteral feeding product at a medical nutrition company, was appointed to the board of directors at the Boomer Esiason Foundation, and was the head coach of his high school alma mater’s varsity hockey team. Gunnar maintains the roles of patient advocate and director of patient outreach at the Boomer Esiason Foundation.
He has consulted on clinical trial development, a real world evidence population health study, and a cystic fibrosis-specific mental health and wellness screening tool. In 2019, Gunnar delivered the pre-commencement address at the St. Louis University School of Medicine commencement exercises. He has also been featured as a keynote speaker at more than two-dozen top medical centers, biotech conferences, and health industry events across the United States. His health policy opinions have been featured in Newsweek, The New York Daily News, The Hill, STAT News and Morning Consult among other news sources. A list of Gunnar’s publications can be found on the publications page.
Gunnar is presently working on an antibiotic market research paper with the hopes it will encourage industry and policy leaders to prioritize antibiotic development and innovation. Follow him on Twitter @G17Esiason.
Send Gunnar an email ([email protected]) if you want to see him write about something specific, or click on the Ask Gunnar tab.
Gunnar is available for select speaking engagements, lectures, motivational talks, and Cystic Fibrosis Family Education Days. Past locations include:
- St. Louis University School of Medicine, Pre-Commencement Address 2019
- Plenary Keynote, National Society of Genetic Counselors Annual Conference (2020, virtual)
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Texas Children’s Hospital
- ProMedica Toledo Hospital
- Yale-New Haven Medicine
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Maine Medical
- East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- University of Vermont Medical Center
- University of California San Francisco Benihoff Children’s Hospital
- University of Wisconsin Health
- University of Virginia Health System
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- Colorado Children’s Hospital
- Amwell Virtual Client Forum (2020)
- TuckTalks, Dartmouth College
- Oley Foundation (feeding tube-specific) Annual Conference 2015
- Annual Cystic Fibrosis Nutrition and Social Work Consortium (2016)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Real Life with CF Series (2018)
- Global Genes 2018 RARE Patient Advocacy Summit
- New Jersey Society for Respiratory Care Annual Shore Meeting (2018)
- Various healthcare industry sales meetings, conferences